Eat Your Colors Stir Fry
Plant-based, gluten free, full of phytonutrients, protein, and good fat
Experiment with other veggies such as grated carrots, grated beets, broccoli, mushrooms...
The more color the better!
1/3 cup gluten-free tamari
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
3 tbsp almond or sunflower butter
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tsp grated ginger root
1 package (8 oz) rice or buckwheat noodles or other GF noodles
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
Half of a large purple cabbage, thinly chopped
2 medium red sweet peppers, chopped
8 oz of sugar snap peas
1 can (15 oz) navy or garbanzo beans
4 tbsp sesame seeds
Handful of fresh mint
- In a small bowl, whisk together tamari, maple syrup
and sesame oil. Once combined, add almond butter, garlic, and ginger. Stir to
combine and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook noodles to package instructions.
- In a large sauté pan, melt coconut oil on medium heat. Add cabbage and red pepper, sauté for a few minutes. Once noodles are done, add them to the stir fry veggies.
- Add snap peas, beans, and sauce. Mix to fully combine and cook just until snap
peas are warm and still crunchy!
- Garnish with fresh mint and sesame seeds.