Chocolate Almond Date Slab
Servings: hmmmm, that’s a tough one as I do a rough cut and boy do they disappear quickly if I’m not careful!
22 medjool dates, pitted and sliced open or Baking Dates (I use baking dates from a Middle Eastern market)
1/3 cup creamy almond butter
1/3 cup chopped toasted almonds
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
2 tsp coconut oil
optional: sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press the baking dates or the pitted and sliced dates in a single layer, creating a rectangle. If using the single dates, overlap them slightly. Lay another piece of parchment paper over top of the dates and use a rolling pin or bottle to create a single, thinner layer. Remove the parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over low heat.
- Spread the almond butter over the flattened dates and then sprinkle the chopped toasted almonds over top of the almond butter.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the almond date layer using the back of a spoon to gently spread the chocolate to the edges. Add a sprinkle of sea salt if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or freeze for at least 30 minutes to set. Use a sharp knife to slice into pieces or break into pieces and enjoy!