Lemon Salmon with Spinach and Lentils
This dish is a perfect blend of flavor and fortune. The rich salmon pairs wonderfully with earthy lentils, all brightened with a zest of lemon – a simple and nourishing recipe to not only start your year right but to make all year long!
- 1 1/2 lb. salmon, cut into fillets
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 1/2 cups canned lentils, drained and rinsed
Yes, you can buy canned lentils! You can also find them fully cooked and sealed in the produce section at Trader Joes and other groceries. You may also opt to cook them from their dried state as they do cook quickly.
👩🍳 Let's Cook:
- Prep: Zest and juice one lemon; slice the other into wedges. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons of zest in a bowl. Brush this mixture over the salmon fillets, then season with pepper.
- Pan-sear: Heat a medium non-stick skillet with a drizzle of oil. Place salmon fillets skin side down, cover, and cook for 4-5 minutes until done. Flip briefly to brown the top.
- Sauté: Remove the salmon, then add spinach and lentils to the skillet. Heat over low until the spinach wilts and lentils are warm.
- Serve: Place salmon over the bed of spinach and lentils, accompanied by lemon wedges.
This dish isn't just delicious; it's a nutritional powerhouse. The salmon offers omega-3 fatty acids for heart health, lentils provide protein and fiber for digestive wellness, and the spinach is packed with vitamins for a strong immune system.