Roast Chicken with Apples and Squash
2½ pounds bone-in chicken breasts
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon Herbamare *or sea salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
1 small butternut squash peeled and sliced
2 apples cut into thick slices
1 small red onion cut into thick slices
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon Herbamare* or sea salt
- Place all of the ingredients for the chicken marinade into a small bowl and whisk together. Place the chicken into a large ziplock bag or and add the marinade. Squeeze out any air and seal the bag. Place it in your refrigerator to marinate for a minimum of 3 hours. The longer the better!
- Peel and slice the squash into half-inch thick rounds. Then cut each round in half. Cut the apples and onion.
- Place the veggies and apple into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Add the oil and Herbamare and toss it all together.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the veggie-apple mixture and pour about half of the marinade over the chicken.
- Roast for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and reads at least 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer. Do not overcook!
- Serve chicken with the apples and squash, and any juices at the bottom of the pan.
- Herbamare is a French seas salt that is infused with 12 organic herbs and spices. You can find it at Whole Foods or order from Amazon.