Roasted Vegetable Pasta Casserole
24 ounces brown rice penne pasta cooked al dente
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 small red onion chopped
6 cups chopped butternut squash, cubed
2 pounds brussels sprouts halved
2 large red bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 cup cottage cheese
16 ounces mozzarella balls (about 1 cup)
6 cloves garlic crushed
4 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9x13-inch pan with olive oil or butter.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut into cubes.
- Chop the rest of the vegetables so they are all relatively the same size.
- Place all of the chopped veggies, olive oil, salt, and dried herbs onto a large, rimmed sheet pan and toss together. Roast vegetables for about 25 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook until it is al dente (slightly undercooked). Then drain and rinse in a colander.
- Add the cooked noodles to your 9x13-inch pan. Add the cottage cheese, mozzarella balls, crushed garlic, and a few extra pinches of salt.
- Remove the sheet pan of roasted veggies from the oven and add them to the pan with the noodles. Gently toss everything together.
- Sprinkle the top of the noodles and veggies with thinly sliced fresh sage leaves.
- Bake pasta casserole for about 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.