Sweet Potato, Dill, and Zucchini Chicken Patty
Serves 6 (12 patties)
Make a double batch and freeze!
2 small zucchini
½ small yellow onion
1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters
½ cup fresh dill, chopped
1 large pasture-raised egg
¾ cup fine almond flour
¼ cup tahini or avocado oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 pound ground white chicken meat
Avocado oil spray to grease baking sheets
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with avocado oil.
- In a Food Processor using the grating blade, grate the zucchini, onion, and sweet potato. Replace the attachment wit the regular blade and add the dill. Pulse a couple of times being careful not to overprocess. Transfer the chopped veggies to a fine colander and allow to drain for 10 minutes
- Add the egg, almond flour, tahini, ground chicken, salt, and pepper to a large bowl along with the vegetables. Mix until well combined.
- Scoop the chicken mixture onto the baking sheets, using an ice cream scoop. Flatten slightly so that they will cook more evenly. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Serve with hummus, tahini, or tzatziki.