Moroccan Sheet Pan Chicken
This comforting sheet pan chicken dish is super easy and quick to put together
1 large onion julienned
1 fennel bulb julienned
1½ pounds bone-in chicken thighs
½ cup (see below for info on this delightful olive!)
1 lemon thinly sliced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic minced finely
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange the onion and fennel on a rimmed baking sheet and top with the chicken thighs, olives, and lemon slices. Set this pan aside.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, garlic cloves, salt, and turmeric and stir until combined. Rub this mixture all over the chicken thighs and toss any remaining sauce with the vegetables. Rub a little sauce under the skin of each thigh.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over the chicken and vegetables and serve immediately.
Castelvetrano olives are a Sicilian bright green olive famous for their green color, irresistible buttery-sweet flavor, and crisp, meaty texture. It has a subtle salty and sweet flavor. Castelvetrano olives grow in the Valle del Belice region of southwestern Sicily.Castelvetrano olives can be used in a wide range of recipes or they can be eaten as a snack.