Pesto Chicken Caesar Salad with Tomatoes and Burrata
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 cups torn ciabatta bread
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
1/2 cup basil pesto, homemade or store-bought
Pinch red pepper flakes
Kosher salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
8 ounces Burrata cheese, at room temperature
Fresh Herbs, for serving, such as chives, thyme, and basil
PARMESAN TAHINI DRESSING
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
juice of 2 lemons
1/4 cup tahini
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1-2 cloves garlic, smashed
kosher salt and black pepper
1/3 cup grated parmesan
- To make the croutons, heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the bread and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden and toasted all over, about 5 minutes. Alternately, brush the bread with garlic and olive oil and toast at 375 until golden. Remove from the heat and season with salt. Place croutons on a plate and discard the garlic.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- To make the chicken, in a bowl, combine the chicken, pesto, crushed red pepper flakes, and a large pinch of salt. Set your grill, grill pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers. Alternately, you can cook the chicken in a skillet until browned all over.
- Grill the skewers until lightly charred and cooked through, turning them occasionally throughout cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes total.
- Assemble the salad: Add the romaine, tomatoes, croutons, chicken, and dressing. Toss to combine. Once the salad has been tossed, top with burrata, drizzle with oil, season with salt, pepper, and fresh herbs. Serve immediately.